Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Kohl's Beauty Box

This was sent to me by Kohl's as a beauty lover (not a blogger). 

What's in da box?!?! After the jump.... (Kevin Spacey may or may not have a head in there...)



Did you know that Kohl's has a new, expanded, beauty department? From the looks of my store's "beauty" department, one would think a tornado had been through there and that's about it, but they do. They now have expanded offerings including H2O+ Skincare, theBalm, LORAC, and Eylure Lashes.

In celebration of their new offerings, Kohl's posted on their Instagram about free beauty boxes to people who entered their email in a form. Sign me up! 

So I signed up and promptly forgot. I never got an email and I wasn't blogging then so I had no real reason to look forward to makeup in the mail (still don't unless I ordered it lol). Then, low and behold! A package containing my box arrived. 

I am thinking this is a one-off deal since I haven't seen any subscription news or information, so if you didn't get one, here is mine!

What's in da box?!?!?




What's in the box.



Full-sized Glowing by JLo body lotion



Sweetie Pie Eylure Lashes! Wooo!



LORAC TANalizer Body Bronzing Luminizer Sample. Fun!



Escada Cherry in the Air Perfume Sample



H2O+ Hydrating Treatment for Face Sample. Been wanting to try this so yeppy!

The tally here is three samples and two full sizes. Nice little haul, especially since it was free.

As far as the products are concerned, I am not going to use the Glowing lotion. I find it unpleasant. Good news though! It was the first lotion I have ever seen sealed with plastic to prevent tampering. After my trash-tastic trip to no-seal wonderland Wal-Mart today, this was welcomed. Can't everything have a seal? Please?

I will use those lashes. I have wanted this pair for a while, actually. Eylure seems to work better for my eyes and look more natural than Ardell lashes. 


The self-tanner will be slathered on my legs as soon as it gets warm enough to wear capris, shorts, and dresses. My legs are transparent right now and will need the wonders of LORAC when exposed next. Looking forward to trying this as I have heard nothing but raves since forever ago.

The Escada Cherry in the Air sample smells nice and is housed in a miniature version of the full bottle, stopper and all. The stopper idea is cute but you try pulling out a tiny plug on a tiny bottle full of smelly (not that it stinks) liquid. It will go everywhere. Not that I know. Not that it happened. Nope.

And finally, the sample that I ave been needing, H2O+. I have been eyeballing this stuff at Ulta hardcore all winter, debating on trying it, hating my sensitive, dry, chapped skin. Why can't it be normal? Because. Now I don't have to plunk down the money for a full sized jar and suffer trying to return it if it fails.

I really love and appreciate this box. As a huge fan of free and samples of items I want to actually try (and little bottles in general hahaha), I approve! Thanks Kohl's for the box!

No comments:

Post a Comment