Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Pixi H2O Skintint Review

I bought this...and no affiliate links either!


Pixi Beauty has a new, lightweight, and moisturizing tinted face gel. What exactly is it and how does it perform? 

Let's look and see!




Pixi H2O Skintint Tinted Face Gel ($24) is a "innovative complexion-enhancing gel tint for a smooth, fresh faced look all day. Cooling & refreshing formula gives a flawless finish to skin that feels much lighter & more breatheable than a traditional foundation. Hydrating, long-lasting & water-resistant. Suitable for even the most sensitive skin" according to Pixi's website

From my experience, it is a gel foundation that gives coverage like a tinted moisturizer but in a different format (gel duh lol).It took some getting use to when I put it on the first couple of times because I didn't think that the color was distributing well with the gel, but it really was. 

Gel tints are interesting to put on since you can see the pigment in the gel and it feels kinda like putting some old LA Looks hair gel on your face. But I promise, it isn't sticky and sinks right into your skin. 


Pixi H2O Skintint just on the skin, and then blended a little bit.

It really was refreshing and slightly cool on my skin along with being lightly hydrating all day. It did not cause any dry patches on my dry skin and it held up well for around 6 hours without primer (I use MAC CC Prep and Primer fyi) and more than 8 with primer, which is great for a lightweight formula like this.

It did not provide full or medium coverage, nor any kind of color correcting or pore-hiding, but it did make my skin more even overall since my skin is red on my cheeks. You could still see my freckles through the skintint but that is okay with me, since I don't mind. 

The color Cream worked well with my skin. It is listed as a light neutral tone, but it ends up leaning more warm and yellow than true neutral. Because it is a skin gel, and light coverage, this wasn't a big problem. The light yellow color ended up correcting some uneven color on my skin.

There was a slight plastic smell to the formula, but it disappears. It did not aggravate my sensitive skin, nor did it cause any slick spots after any given time. Amazingly, it also didn't oxidize which is the bane of my existence with any kind of foundation product. 

Overall, if you are looking for a lightweight, your-skin-but-better formula, I recommend getting it. Most lightweight formulas either end up looking streaky, or provide zero coverage, but this does neither. It provides just enough coverage to hide minor flaws while still being light enough not to feel like much of anything on your skin.

Pixi's H2O Skintint Tinted Face Gel ($24) is available on their website and at Target.

TL;DR--GREAT LIGHTWEIGHT COVERAGE. BIG PRICE. CURIOUS FORMULA.

No comments:

Post a Comment