Wednesday, March 5, 2014

EcoTools Skin Perfecting Brush for BB/CC Creams Review

I bought this from Walgreen's just last week as I was cruising around with money burning a hole in my pocket...


....so I bought those brushes.

More after the break...



Now I love my Real Techniques Expert Face brush and beauty sponges, but hey, there is room for more brush loving in my stash, right? And who can resist what is a buy one brush, get one free situation too? Especially when together they were under $10!

I used both brushes today and I have mixed feelings. Since the brushes are labeled for BB/CC creams, I tried it out with my Pond's BB cream which I normally apply with my pink sponge.

I liked the angle on the brush for getting around the corners of my nose and placing the BB cream right where I wanted it to go. The bristles were never scratchy and made putting on my BB cream quite nice. While the sponge applies the BB cream or any product lighter when used wet, this applied product thicker than I am used to. The Real Techniques Expert Face Brush is my go-to brush and it still applies product lighter.

I feel like the brush left streaks on my face. I have this problems with most brushes when applying cream products on my face, and I blame it on bad technique and freckles, so don't hold it against the face brush. My only other complaint was it was hard to spot clean after using. I know, white brushes are notoriously hard to keep white, but there still seemed to be product on the brush.

The "eye primer" brush was a massive hit with my face. I am a fingers gal when using concealer, but this flat brush might replace their use, at least under eye. It made patting on my cream concealer a dream and blending was very easy. I had been searching for a concealer brush, and this one will but put into regular use!

Neither brush had any smell, lost any hair (and I am rough! even when spot cleaning), are vegan.

These brushes are new for Spring 2014. They can be purchased, like mine, at Walgreen's (online and in stores) or at EcoTools online. They should pop up at other retailers like Walmart and Ulta.

Online at any location is not showing the eye primer brush separate or as a part of a bundle so if you want that, you might have to stalk your local stores.

TL;DR--CHEAP. HARD TO CLEAN. PREFER SPONGE STILL.

No comments:

Post a Comment